- Check your tri-color LED connection. Is the tri-color LED plugged in correctly and securely? Watch the first video below to double check your tri-color LED connection.
- Make sure your micro:bit is plugged in securely.
- Make sure the Hummingbird Bit is still connected with a Bit Display test. A Bit Display test will help you quickly determine if there is a bluetooth connection between the Hummingbird Bit and your tablet or smartphone.
- Check the orientation of the micro:bit. If your micro:bit is plugged into the Hummingbird Bit upside down (the micro:bit screen facing downwards), your components will not work.
- Double check your tri-color LED code. In most cases, the issue can be solved through the code. To test your tri-color LED with accurate code, plug your tri-color LED into tri-color LED port 1 and copy this BirdBlox program. Watch the second video below to check your tri-color LED code.
- Check the device pull down menu. You may be looking at the wrong set of blocks. There are 3 pull-down menus, each menu dedicated to one of the 3 devices that BirdBlox can control: Hummingbird Bit, Hummingbird Duo, and the micro:bit. If your blocks are greyed out, it is possible that you are working with blocks that do not match your device. Make sure that you are pulling blocks from the menu that matches your device.
- If you have done steps 1-6 and the tri-color LED is still not responding, you may be dealing with a broken tri-color LED or a broken tri-color LED port on your Hummingbird Bit. Try the tri-color LED on another port (be sure to update your code to reflect the new port number).
- If the tri-color LED reacts, the issue is with the Hummingbird tri-color LED port.
- If the tri-color LED does not react, switch it out with a new tri-color LED. If the new tri-color LED reacts, your first tri-color LED was broken. Watch the third video below to see reasons why the tri-color LED may be broken. (Note: on TriLEDs it is possible for just 1 or 2 of the colors to burn out).
- If needed, new components can be ordered from our store.
Watch this video to check your tri-color LED connection:
Watch this video to double check your tri-color LED code:
Watch this video to see why your tri-color LED may not be working properly: