Note: Kindle tablets and some Android tablets or smartphones can take up to 45 seconds to connect to the Hummingbird Bit.
If you have followed the BirdBlox set up procedure, and you have downloaded the BitFirmware.hex file onto your micro:bit and are still having trouble connecting your device there are a few steps you can take. If you experience any issues downloading the hex file, see our article titled, “Why is my BitFirmware.hex file not showing up on my micro:bit?”
- Go into your settings menu and check that bluetooth is enabled on your tablet or smartphone.
- Prior to any connection attempt, check to see if the micro:bit flashing 3 letters. If it is not, that may mean that the BitFirmware.hex file was not properly downloaded onto your micro:bit. If you are having trouble downloading the provided BitFirmware.hex file, see our article titled, “Why is my BitFirmware.hex file not showing up on my micro:bit?”
- Make sure you are running the most recent version of the BirdBlox application for IOS, Android, or Kindle.
- Do other devices with the BitFirmware.hex file appear in the BirdBlox “Connect Device” menu? If so, AND you can confirm that the micro:bit is flashing 3 letters, the issue is a faulty bluetooth emitter in the micro:bit and it will need to be replaced. Your Hummingbird Bit is likely functioning just fine. If needed, a new micro:bit can be ordered from our store.
- If you continue to have issues getting your micro:bit to appear as a device in the “Connect Device” menu in BirdBlox , please contact us at email@example.com with the subject heading “My Hummingbird Bit is not showing up as a device in BirdBlox.”