Please note: USB connection is not compatible with micro:bit V2. Connection to the BlueBird Connector via USB is legacy software that should only be used with micro:bit V1 with Chromebooks without Bluetooth or with Windows machines without the Bluetooth dongle. If you are using a Mac computer you must connect via Bluetooth, USB connection is not supported for micro:bit V1 or V2.
The following steps assume that you have properly followed the Snap! set up procedure, and you have downloaded the BitFirmwareSerial.hex file onto your micro:bit. If you experienced any issues downloading the hex file, see our article titled, ”Why is my MakeCode program/.hex file not showing up on my micro:bit?”
Note: If your BitFirmware.hex file was not downloaded before, then when connecting to the BlueBird Connector via USB, the application will automatically update your .hex file. This can take a few moments.
- Try closing and reopening the BlueBird Connector.
- Try switching to a different USB port on the computer (not all computer USB ports are powered).
- Try using a different USB cable (USB cables can go bad on occasion).
- Make sure you are running the most recent version of the BlueBird Connector application for Windows.
- If you continue to have issues getting your micro:bit to appear as a device in the “Connect Device” menu in Snap!, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject heading “My Hummingbird Bit is not showing up as a device in Snap!.”