- Check your servo connection. Is the servo motor plugged in correctly and securely? Does your Hummingbird Bit have power from a battery pack or A/C adapter? Watch the first video below to double check your servo motor connection.
- Check the orientation of the micro:bit. If your micro:bit is plugged into the Hummingbird Bit upside down (the micro:bit screen facing downwards), your components will not work.
- Make sure the program is downloading correctly with an icon test. If you put a “show icon” block in the “on start” loop and then download the file, you can ensure that the .hex file is being sent to the micro:bit. Visit this article to learn more.
- Double check your servo code. In most cases, the issue can be solved through the code. To test your servo motor with accurate code, open the MakeCode program for the motor you are using (position servo code; rotation servo code), plug in your servo motor into servo port 1, and download the code onto your micro:bit. Watch the second video below to check your servo motor code.
- Make sure you are using correct Hummingbird blocks. There are 2 sets of Hummingbird blocks available in MakeCode: blocks for the Hummingbird Bit and blocks for the Hummingbird Duo using the micro:bit adapter. If you used our recommended setup procedure for MakeCode you were connected to a project preloaded with blocks for the Hummingbird Bit.
- Click here to connect to a project with Hummingbird Bit blocks loaded.
- Click here to connect to a project with the Hummingbird Duo blocks loaded (only for users with the Hummingbird Duo + micro:bit adapter).
- If the servo motor reacts, the issue is with the Hummingbird servo port.
- If the servo does not react, switch it out with a new servo of the same type (position, rotation, or micro servo). If the new servo reacts, your first servo was broken. Watch the third video below to see reasons why the servo motor may be broken.
- If needed, new components can be ordered from our store.
Watch this video to check your servo motor connection:
Watch this video to double check your servo motor code:
Watch this video to see why your servo motor may not be working properly: