- Check your LED connection. Is the LED plugged in correctly and securely? Watch the first video below to double check your LED connection.
- Make sure your micro:bit is plugged in securely.
- Check the orientation of the micro:bit. If your micro:bit is plugged into the Hummingbird Bit upside down (the micro:bit screen facing downwards), your components will not work.
- Make sure the program is downloading correctly with an icon test. If you put a “show icon” block in the “on start” loop and then download the file, you can ensure that the .hex file is being sent to the micro:bit. Visit this article to learn more.
- Double check your LED code. In most cases, the issue can be solved through the code. To test your LED with accurate code, open this MakeCode program, plug in your LED into LED port 1, and download the code onto your micro:bit. Watch the second video below to check your LED code.
- Make sure you are using correct Hummingbird blocks. There are 2 sets of Hummingbird blocks available in MakeCode: blocks for the Hummingbird Bit and blocks for the Hummingbird Duo using the micro:bit adapter. If you used our recommended setup procedure for MakeCode, you were connected to a project preloaded with blocks for the Hummingbird Bit.
- Click here to connect to a project with Hummingbird Bit blocks loaded.
- Click here to connect to a project with the Hummingbird Duo blocks loaded (only for users with the Hummingbird Duo + micro:bit adapter).
- If you have done steps 1-6 and the LED is still not responding, you may be dealing with a broken LED or a broken LED port on your Hummingbird Bit. Try the LED on another port (be sure to update your code to reflect the new port number).
- If the LED reacts, the issue is with the previous Hummingbird LED port.
- If the LED does not react, switch it out with a new LED. If the new LED reacts, your first LED was broken. Watch the third video below to see reasons why the LED may be broken.
- If needed, new components can be ordered from our store.
Watch this video to check your LED connection:
Watch this video to double check your LED code:
Watch this video to see why your LED may not be working properly: