No, a 9V battery will damage your Hummingbird. The maximum voltage you should use with your Hummingbird is 7V. Any power supply for Hummingbird should have a voltage between 4.5V and 7V and a current rating of at least 1 amp (2 amps if you intend to run 3 or more servos).
Articles in this section
- Why aren't my rechargeable batteries working?
- Can I use third-party (non-BirdBrain) parts with my Hummingbird Kit?
- Where can I get more horns for my servos?
- What are the black and silver screws that come with the servo horns for?
- Can I use Scratch with the Hummingbird Bit?
- Will the Hummingbird Bit work with micro:bit V2?
- Do you have printable troubleshooting materials?
- Can I use my Hummingbird Bit components with my Hummingbird Duo (and vice versa)?
- What parts are included in the Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kits?
- What power sources can I use with the Hummingbird Bit Controller?