The Hummingbird Bit is the third generation of the Hummingbird Robotics Kit. The Bit can do more than the Hummingbird Duo at a lower price point. This video explains the main differences between the products.
- The Bit can be programmed using any tablet, computer, or smartphone.
- Any project or activity done with Hummingbird Duo can be replicated with Hummingbird Bit.
- The Bit adds new hardware features: 2 buttons, an accelerometer, a compass, and a 5x5 LED grid
- Hummingbird Bits can communicate with one another and with stand-alone micro:bits.
- Bit Kits come in sturdy and reusable plastic tackle boxes.
- Bit Software is being translated, for easier use in non-English speaking countries.
- The Bit does not work with Scratch or Arduino.